Seattle Garden Bloggers' Fling: West Seattle Farmers' Market & Bakery Nouveau

The morning of Day 3, we boarded the shuttle buses for our first stop: the West Seattle Farmers' Market.
Seattle Farmers' Market

The market tables were loaded with peaches, cherries, and fresh vegetables. I also saw vendors selling fresh cheeses, local wines, farm eggs and fresh baked bread.
Peaches & cherries at Seattle Farmers' Market

There were cut flowers for sale, too.
Flowers at Seattle Farmers' Market

This was our opportunity for lunch on our own. Word quickly spread that Mary Ann Newcomer recommended a bakery right around the corner from the Farmers' Market: Bakery Nouveau.
Bakery Nouveau

It was around 10:30 a.m. when we joined the queue forming outside the bakery. Looking up, I spied this enormous basket full of flowers hanging from a lamp post.
Flower basket outside Bakery Nouveau

The line moved quickly and soon we were inside. The aroma was heavenly. Everything looked delicious. I couldn't resist two of the brightly colored French macaroons.
Bakery Nouveau

I sadly said 'no' to the yummy cakes beckoning me.
Bakery Nouveau

We were lucky enough to score a table inside the tiny, warm cafe, where I ate the best croissant I've ever eaten in my entire life, filled with roasted turkey and Havarti cheese. Delicious!

I'll post soon about visiting the Forkner and Fairey gardens, and the South Seattle Community College Arboretum, but my next posts will take a break from Seattle in honor of Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day and Foliage Follow-Up.


Words and photos © 2009-2011 Caroline Homer for "The Shovel-Ready Garden". Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited.

Comments

  1. That's where I got the best BLT on fantastic bread. Yummy memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment