The following information is from the City of Austin Water Conservation website. Looks like it's back to hand watering for me on Wednesdays. If you think this is bad, it could be worse: Kerrville went to Stage 3 restrictions in the first week of August, and closed the city pool.
Austin's Stage 2 Water Use Restrictions
The City Manager has determined that Stage 2 Water Restrictions will go into effect on Monday, August 24, 2009. These restrictions will be in effect until further notice.
In Stage 2, the following additional restrictions apply to the use of potable water:
* Outdoor irrigation is prohibited except on assigned days at designated times (see once-per-week schedule below)
* Golf fairway irrigation is limited to assigned days before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
* Golf tee and green irrigation is limited to every other day
* Vehicle washing is limited to designated days and times, with a hand-held bucket or a positive shut-off nozzle on a hose*
* A person may not conduct or participate in a charity car wash
* The use of outdoor ornamental fountains is prohibited except to provide aeration for aquatic life
* A person may not fill, refill, or add water to an indoor fountain
* No automatic fill valves are allowed for pools or ponds
* Washing of sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, patios or other paved surfaces is prohibited*
* A restaurant may not serve water to a customer unless requested by the customer
Outdoor Watering Days
Odd-numbered addresses on Tuesday
Even-numbered addresses on Friday
Odd-numbered addresses on Saturday
Even-numbered addresses on Sunday
Outdoor Watering Times
Automatic Systems: Before 10 a.m.
Hose-end Sprinklers, Soaker Hoses, Drip Irrigation: Before 10 a.m. and/or after 7 p.m.
By Hand: Any time on any day.