Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - May 2012


rain lily

I haven't had the time to photograph my garden for a proper Bloom Day post, so I'll have to keep it short and sweet this month. As this budding yellow rain lily testifies, we've had a lot of rain this year - seventeen inches in my garden so far. This means we've had more rain in 4 1/2 months than we had in all of 2011. I thereby proclaim 2012 to be the Year of the Rain Lily!

¡Viva Zephyranthes!

Thanks to Carol of May Dreams Gardens for hosting Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. Visit her blog to see what flowers the world's gardeners are celebrating this month.

p.s. y'all are sweet to ignore my glaring typo! Naturally I meant in "all of 2011" (not "all of 2012") -- correction made!

Words and photos © 2009-2012 Caroline Homer for "The Shovel-Ready Garden". Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited.

Comments

  1. Pretty picture. I hope to help people capture the water running off their properties and really make use of it. Berms, swales, rain gardens, water collection... so much to do, so little time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. I had no idea that yellow rain lilies existed! I've only seen white and pink. Very cool. Yes, indeed, the year of the rain lily! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Rain Lily. That's a fabulous golden yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call on the rain lilies as bloom mascots this spring! I think we have some yellow ones that show up once a year in our neighborhood; now I'm going to keep an eye out for them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is a beautiful photo!
    I have seen the yellow ones. Not many, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty yellow flower. Year of the rain lily indeed, except that for some reason mine have all disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice...I never heard of that color of rain lily, though I know pink, peach and white. We currently share your wildflower-mania, though from a distance, it looks parched as usual for May. (only 14.75" shy of your 2012-to-date total...look out!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment