Seattle Garden Bloggers' Fling - Lane Garden

The second stop on Day 2 of the Seattle Garden Bloggers' Fling was Denise Lane's garden.
Near the front of the house

Denise graciously allowed us to rest and enjoy lunch al fresco in her garden.
A leisurely lunch

After lunch, we wandered the grounds.
Shade-loving perennials

The sun was at its peak, so I gravitated toward the shady spots.
Flowering perennials near swing

Glass art accentuated several plantings.
Japanese forest grass & glass art

Glass garden art & foliage plants

This bog area featured a metal dragonfly.
Garden bog

For many, this pond with its Doric-style columns was a highlight.
Pond with Doric-style columns

I couldn't see Doric columns in my garden's future, but I could definitely see something like this little grouping.
Moon face & succulents

Denise's garden was lovely and quite impressive. Thanks, Diane, for hosting the roving hordes! And thanks to Lorene Edwards Forkner, Debra Prinzing, Marty Wingate and Mary Ann Newcomer for organizing the Seattle Fling.

And if the moon doesn't grab the dragonfly and run off to Greece, I'll tell you next about the garden bloggers' trip to the Bellevue Botanical Garden.

Words and photos © 2009-2011 Caroline Homer for "The Shovel-Ready Garden". Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited.

Comments

  1. You got better pics than I did at this garden, Caroline. The bright sun thwarted most of my efforts. But I did get that cute little face upturned to the sun and will lead with it on my post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment